When I travelled to San Francisco for the first time I packed elegant dresses, high heels, and cumbersome jewelry. You’re probably amused by this if you’re a San Fran native or have already vacationed there. Half-way into day one of my trip I was hurting, uncomfortable, and freezing cold. My cluelessness of northern California weather finally took a toll and made my vacation wholly unpleasant. So, let my experience be a teacher and do not pack as if you are going to a cocktail party. While I was there I ended up at Old Navy, Niketown, and Walgreens to remedy my poor packing choices. I spent money on a fleece jacket, jeans, sneakers, and Advil. This money would have been better spent enjoying my vacation. Fear not, I’m here to help you tackle San Francisco’s “hills that kill” and cool weather. I’ll spare you the pain and agony I went through with this list of top ten items to conquer your California vacay.
1. Bring along a lightweight jacket or coat.
Patagonia ‘Torrentshell’ Women’s Jacket ($129)
2. Wear lightweight and comfy sneakers on days with lots of walking.
New Balance ‘Fresh Foam Cruz’ Sneakers ($80)
3. Pack a pair of stylish jeans to pair with any top.
AG Adriano Goldschmied ‘The Middi Ankle’ Iconic Skinny Jeans ($198)
4. A comfy and trendy scarf is essential.
Kate Spade ‘Souk’ Tassel Scarf ($108)
5. Pain relief is always in fashion.
Advil Liqui-Gels ($4.50)
6. Pack a light sweater/sweatshirt for cool mornings and nights.
Topshop Embroidered Flower Sweatshirt ($55)
7. Use a purse that is backpack style or crossover.
Madewell ‘Transport’ Leather Rucksack ($178)
8. Wear a warm hat or beanie to keep out the wind.
Canada Goose Slouchy Basketweave Beanie ($95)
9. Pack black leggings for versatility and comfort.
Spanx ‘Essential’ Very Black Leggings ($98)
10. Let flats be your dressy shoes.
Børn ‘Kharen’ Wraparound Lace Flats ($64)
Thank you all so much for reading my guide. I truly hope it was helpful for you. San Francisco is a one-of-a-kind destination with beautiful and unique neighborhoods. What would you pack for San Francisco? What are your favorite comfy fashion brands? Comment below!